Friday, January 2, 2015

"Good Things"

Here we are already into the 2nd day of 2015.  It is quite hot and humid where I live in down under and its been one of those days where you just need to stay indoors.  What do you find yourself doing on these hot days stuck in doors?

Well for me, and Im on holidays of course, the kids are home, hubbys home, one of those rare occasions and we are all indoors together.  I should mark that one down on the calendar and see when then next occasion happens.  LOL!  I somehow actually managed to wrangle my hubby and two boys to come and watch a movie together as a family, in the cool of the air conditioner.  A lovely lazy Friday indoors. Oh how I love when these actually happen!

This was my happy day today!  My Good Thing, to add to my "Good Thing" Jar.  Have you heard of this craze?  Well me being all creative and new agey, I had to get on the band wagon.  Its really simple.  Take an unsued Jar (of the larger size), and as good things happen throughout the year, write them down on slips of paper and place them in your jar.  Do not skip a day, even the lousy days, as there will be something within that day that gave you a smile, something that your grateful for or just couldn;t live without, no matter how small.  The object is to fill your jar with all the good happy grateful things that occured in your life over the extent of the year, pull them out on New Years Day and re-read all the wonderful happy good things that you experienced.  Or if you need a few days here and there during the year to find that zest for life again, dig out a few and reread to give you back that jolt of something goodand bask in all the good things that made you happy and / or grateful.


Here is my jar!  I got my label from www.kriscarafelli.com/goodthingsjar just in case you would like to start one too!  Lets fill 2015 full of only good things! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment