Thursday, January 8, 2015

Road Trip......

to "The Gong"...
 
Below is Wollongong Harbour.  I took this pic around 5:30pm..
 

Nothing like the school holidays to pack up on go on a Road Trip!  My little family has never been to Wollongong, Kiama and surrounding areas, and nothing like a little Road Trip for a few days to introduce them to the scenic South Coast of our beautiful Australia.  My gorgeous Aunty also lives in Wollongong to whom we are staying with, so it will be good to see some family I haven't seen in quite a few years.

Cars packed, kids in, petrol full, lets go!

First stop on any trip heading south is always the twin servos on the Newcastle Expressway.  Its a ritual that just cant be broken!  Been doing this since I was old enough to drive!  Some traditions just never die.

We headed into Wollongong about 5pm.  An easy trip now with all the highways and expressways.  What once used to be nearly a 4 hour trip is now done in 3! 

What can I say about Wollongong.  Nestled in front of the mountains is this gorgeous seaside city.  Its harbour is beautiful, complete with 2 lighthouses, a sea wall, the softest powdery sandy beaches, the most amazing food and the fishing is plentiful.  I found Wollongong to be alot less hotter than Newcastle and a lot less dry heat.  I could easily pick up and relocate to the South Coast. 

 
Until tomorrow... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment