Monday, January 19, 2015

Back to School Shopping


Oh the dreaded task of the ole back to school shopping.  Today we braved the shops along with the multitude of others, to get all the back to school basics.
 
Dragging my two boys along, trying on shoes, taking shoes off, trying on more shoes, groans, whinging, arghhhhhh!  I want this, I want that, I need this, the hundreds of exercise books in all different sizes.  I like this school bag.  I am sure I heard it all today!
 
I had to stop and refuel at the local cafe for a late brunch and a strong coffee to get me through the rest of the shopping experience.  Usually I love shopping, but not school shopping, I loath it!  There were so many people in the shoe shops it took forever to get served, to find the correct shoe size and even the line up to pay was ridiculous. 

Nutella French Toast with Strawberries & Maple Syrup = YUM!

And not to mention the expense!  WOW!  This year I have my eldest starting high school.  There are new uniforms, new shoes, new bag, a mobile phone, lots of school exercise books and stationery, the tablet plus higher school fees!  The list is endless.
 
But I survived the day!  I now have everything we need and can relax again until school goes back on the 28th January and be thankful that the dreaded school shopping is done for another 12 months.
 
Where did these school holidays go?

No comments:

Post a Comment